DeNovix ACT Labels
The First ACT® Label Certified Automated Cell Counter
The DeNovix CellDrop™ has achieved ACT® Label certification from My Green Lab®, making it the first automated cell counter accredited by the program. The ACT Environmental Impact Factor Label provides a third-party verification for the environmental impact of laboratory products. The scoring is based on company manufacturing, energy and water use, packaging, product content, end-of-life, etc.
Environmental Impact Factor Score Breakdown
Manufacturing Impact Reduction
- The Wilmington, Delaware facility that manufactures the DeNovix CellDrop™ has implemented measures to reduce energy consumption and waste generation within the last 5 years.
- These initiatives include
- LED lighting retrofits.
- The pipette tip reload program
Renewable Energy Use
The Wilmington, Delaware facility that manufactures the DeNovix CellDrop™ does not utilize renewable energy. Renewable energy is part of the DeNovix standard utility mix, however they have not voluntarily opted into additional renewable energy.
Responsible Chemical Management
- The Wilmington, Delaware facility that manufactures the DeNovix CellDrop™ has robust EHS policies for chemical management.
- The DeNovix CellDrop™ is EU ROHS 2015/863/EU compliant and does not contain any chemicals of concern.
- Manufacturing Facility: Wilmington, Delaware
- US Distribution Center: N/A
- The DeNovix CellDrop™ FL and BF models contain components made of PLA that have been redesigned for dematerialization.
- The total weight of dematerialization has been calculated to be 0.48% weight reduction for the FL model and 0.39% for the BF model.
- The DeNovix CellDrop™ packaging is comprised of a cardboard box, foam, packaging tape, PE bags, and a Hexacomb cardboard insert.
- The cardboard box contains 45% recycled content and the cardboard insert contains 90% SFI content which results in a total of 61% sustainable content for the entire product packaging.
Energy Consumption (kWh/day)
- The DeNovix CellDrop™ BF model is assumed to be on standby for 5 minutes per day, bright lights measuring for 2 minutes 33 seconds per day, and sleep mode for 23 hours, 52 minutes, and 27 seconds.
- The DeNovix CellDrop™ FL model is assumed to be on standby for 5 minutes per day, fluorescent measuring for 3 minutes 36 seconds per day, and sleep mode for 23 hours, 51 minutes, and 24 seconds spent in sleep mode.
- Both models use case results in an energy consumption of 0.6 kWh per day.
Water Consumption (gallons/day)
The DeNovix CellDrop™ does not consume water during its use phase.
The DeNovix CellDrop™ has an expected lifetime of 10+ years under average use conditions.
- The DeNovix CellDrop™ packaging system consists of cardboard and polyethylene bags / foam.
- The cardboard box is readily recyclable while the polyethylene can be recycled, landfilled, or incinerated depending on the available infrastructure in the US, EU, and UK markets.
- Additionally DeNovix provides consumers with proper packaging disposal recommendations.
- The DeNovix CellDrop™ is composed of stainless steel, aluminum, bronze, brass, glass, plastic, rubber, motors, electronics boards, and batteries.
- Across the US, EU, and UK markets stainless steel, aluminum, bronze, brass and glass are readily recyclable, electronic components and plastics are somewhat recyclable.
The DeNovix CellDrop™ helps reduce single-use plastics in laboratories by implementing a permanent sample chamber that must be wiped clean between sample analyses.
Interested in Sustainable Cell Counting?
Why not try out the CellDrop for yourself! Use the buttons below to request a quote, schedule a virtual demo with our applications team, or book a 7-day free trial.