DS-11 Series Spectrophotometer / Fluorometer
Award Winning Performance
DeNovix takes spectrophotometry to a whole new level of performance with the DS-11 Series. This easy-to-use, compact instrument delivers full spectrum UV-Vis analysis and fluorescence capability making it ideal for rapid nucleic acid and protein quantification. Our customers agree and have made the DeNovix DS-11 Series the twice winner of the Reviewers’ Choice Product of the Year and the first life science instrument to be awarded the Platinum Seal of Quality by SelectScience based on scientist reviews for outstanding ease-of-use, performance, service and technical support.
Best in Class 1 uL Sensitivity and Highest Absorbance Capability
DS-11 Series Spectrophotometers set the industry standard for the lower detection limits of 0.5 -1.0 uL UV-Vis sample analysis. Detect to 0.75 ng/uL dsDNA, 0.60 ng/uL RNA or 0.04 mg/mL BSA. The DS-11 can measure samples with absorbance values as high as 750 absorbance units (at a 1 cm equivalent path length). This translates into 1125 mg/ml of BSA protein or 37500 ng/uL of dsDNA. This ultra high absorbance capability is achieved by using a remarkably small pathlength enabled by our SmartPath™ technology.
Easy to Learn. Fast to Use.
The DS-11 Series instruments feature the most powerful and intuitive software of its type. EasyApps™ software is designed by life scientists and combines with an intuitive touchscreen interface to ensure error-free operation and sample to data in under 3 seconds. Every instrument is ready to go right out of the box – no PC set-up or software installation required.
Total Sample QC
21 CFR Part 11 Compliance Ready
EasyApps Secure provides an optional suite of software controls that allow regulated GxP facilities to easily add DS-11 Series instruments to their compliant workflows (view the compliance statement). The software is fully integrated within the on-board operating system and includes a range of features essential to ensuring compliance, including:
- Password protected system access
- Integrated electronic signature controls
- Comprehensive user account management
- Secure audit trail recording
- Advanced data handling and export tools
Nucleic Acid Quantification
- Separate preconfigured apps for optimized workflow
- Sample contaminant alerts
- Preconfigured and user defined factors for ssDNA ensures appropriate concentration calculations
- 260/280 and 260/230 ratios displayed
- 11 Preconfigured dyes and fluorophores for Microarray
- Option to add an unlimited number of new dyes for quick recall in Microarray
- Preconfigured and user defined protein types for A280 and Labeled Proteins
- Preconfigured Peptide app for easy peptide analysis at A205/215
- Quick addition of new user defined protein types for improved workflow
- Ultra short pathlength enables high absorbance capability: up to 750 mg/mL BSA
- 11 Preconfigured dyes and fluorophores for Labeled Proteins
- Option to add an unlimited number of new dyes for quick recall in Labeled Proteins
- BCA, Bradford, Lowry and 660 nm colorimetric assays optimized for ease of use
- Quick save and recall of standard curves available
UV-Vis and Custom Apps
- Simple but powerful apps enable measurement of more than just nucleic acids and proteins
- Full spectrum analysis (190 – 840 nm)
- Broad absorbance range for highly concentrated samples (up to 750 A, 1 cm equivalent)
- Add new user-defined standard curve methods
- Add custom formulas to eliminate downstream calculations
- Add kinetics methods (DS-11+/DS-11FX+ models)
- Four user-selectable LED light sources – compatible with all commonly used quantification assays e.g. DeNovix assays, Thermo Fisher Qubit™ assays, Thermo Fisher Quant-iT™ assays, and Promega Quantifluor™ assays
- Easy configuration of additional assays
- Single or multi-replicate standard curve options
- User control of line fit, trend line analysis, subtraction of blank
- User control of assay and reported sample concentration units
- Save and re-use curves and lists of standard concentrations
Custom Fluorescence Apps
- Add new standard curve based fluorescent assays (nucleic assay, protein or other)
- Basic Fluorometer app returns RFU values for a wide range of fluorophores
Kinetics and OD600
- DS-11+ model enables cuvette-based kinetics studies
- Full spectrum analysis (190 – 840 nm), with dual or single wavelength monitoring
- Built-in heater with temperature control between 37° and 45° C.
- Dual graphs enable absorbance vs time or absorbance vs. wavelength plots
- All kinetic data saved
- Estimated cell number calculator included in OD 600 app
User Accounts and Data Handling
- Password protected accounts available
- All data automatically saved & searchable by account, sample name & type, application and date
- Configurable reports easily accommodate LIMS and user preferred formats
- Print microfuge tube labels using a DeNovix supported printer
- Print reports to a networked printer or DeNovix supported label printer
- Export full data sets via email; save to a network folder or USB thumb drive.
Simply and securely connect the DS-11 to your network by Wi-Fi or Ethernet to enable data exporting by email, or print reports to network or label printers. Each measurement is automatically saved to a large onboard memory enabling storage and retrieval of millions of samples. For labs requiring external data storage, network folder locations can be defined for each user account to automatically export and archive results.
Multiple Model and Color Choices
The DS-11 Series is available in 4 models with different combinations of
microvolume absorbance (M), cuvette absorbance (C) and Fluorescence (F):
DS-11 FX+ (M/C/F)
DS-11 FX (M/F)
Spectrophotometer Microvolume Mode (DS-11, DS-11+, DS-11 FX, DS-11 FX+)
|Minimum Sample Size||0.5 µL|
|Pathlength||0.5 mm (auto ranging to 0.02 mm)|
|Light Source||Pulsed Xenon flash lamp|
|Detector Type||2048 element CCD|
|Wavelength Range||190-840 nm|
|Wavelength Accuracy||0.5 nm|
|Wavelength Precision||0.14 nm|
|Spectral Resolution||1.5 nm (FWHM at Hg 253.7 nm)|
|Absorbance Precision||0.015 AU (1 cm) or 1%, whichever is greater|
|Absorbance Accuracy||1.5% at 0.75 AU at 260 nm|
|Absorbance Range||0.015 – 750 (1 cm equivalent)|
|Detection limit||0.04 mg/mL BSA; 0.75 ng/µL dsDNA|
|Maximum Concentration||1125 mg/mL BSA; 37500 ng/µL dsDNA|
|Lower Sample Surface Material of Construction||303 stainless steel and sapphire window|
|Upper Sample Surface Material of Construction||303 stainless steel and quartz fiber|
Spectrophotometer Cuvette Mode (DS-11+, DS-11 FX+)
|Beam height||8.5 mm|
|Heating||37-45 °C +/- 0.5 °C|
|Pathlength||10, 5, 2, 1, 0.5, 0.2, 0.125 mm|
|Cuvette Dimensions||12.5 mm x 12.5 mm x 45 mm (LxWxH)|
|Absorbance Range||0.0008-1.5 AU (1 cm)|
|Detection Limit||0.002 mg/mL BSA; 0.04 ng/µL dsDNA (1 cm)|
|Maximum Concentration||75 ng/µL dsDNA (1 cm)|
Fluorometer Mode (DS-11 FX, DS-11 FX+ and FX Module)
|Light Sources||UV LED (~375 nm), Blue LED (~470 nm),
Green LED (~525 nm), Red LED (~635 nm)
|Excitation Filters||UV: 361-389 nm, Blue: 442-497 nm,
Green: 490-558 nm, Red: 613-662 nm
|Emission Filters||435-485 nm , 514-567 nm, 565-650 nm, 665-740 nm|
|Detectors||Photodiode, detection range 300-1000 nm|
|Tube Type||0.5 mL Real Time thin-wall PCR tube (polypropylene)|
Onboard Controller (No PC required)
|Operating System||Custom Linux® OS|
|Display||7” high definition color display|
|User Input||Touch screen with swipe and pinch motion; glove compatible|
|Internal Storage||32GB flash drive|
|Connectivity||3 USB ports for printer, barcode reader and USB drive|
|Networking||Ethernet and Wi-Fi|
|Colors||Arctic White, Brazilian Blue, Fire Red, Tungsten Silver|
|Measurement Time for Spectrophotometry||2 seconds|
|Measurement Time for Fluorescence||2 seconds|
|Footprint||20 cm X 33 cm|
|Operating Voltage||12 VDC|
|Operating Power Consumption||10 W; max 30 W|
|Approvals||CE, UL/CSA, FCC and Japan CAB|
FX Module: Upgrade to Fluorescence
Instantly add the power of fluorescence detection to any DeNovix DS-11, DS-11+ or DS-C Spectrophotometer. The FX Module uses the same fluorescence detection as the DS-11 FX, DS-11 FX+ and QFX. Simply plug in this USB powered accessory and DeNovix fluorometric EasyApps are immediately enabled. With four user-selectable LEDs, the easy-to-use apps are compatible with a wide range of commercially available assays including those designed for Thermo Fisher’s Qubit™ fluorometer and Promega’s Quantus™ fluorometer platforms.
Absorbance and Fluorescence Quantification Infographic
Absorbance and Fluorescence quantification are unique but complementary methods for assessing concentration and quality of biological samples. The multi-award winning DS-11 Series of 1 µL Spectrophotometers and Fluorometers provides the most sensitive and widest dynamic range for UV-Vis absorbance and fluorescence capability in one combined instrument.
Selecting the appropriate quantification methods for biological samples is an important consideration in any quality control process. Download our infographic featuring comparisons of the key features of absorbance and fluorescence quantification and information on when each method should be applied or the results combined.
Compare the DeNovix DS-11 FX+ with the Thermo Fisher NanoDrop™ One spectrophotometer to discover how DeNovix instruments are designed to be an all-in-one quantification system for your lab.
Compare the DeNovix DS-11 FX+ with the Thermo Fisher Qubit™ fluorometer.
View our comparison of absorbance and fluorescence quantification methods.
NanoDrop™, NanoDrop™ One, Quant-iT™ and Qubit™ are registered trademarks of Thermo Fisher Scientific and its subsidiaries and are used for identification and references purposes only. DeNovix, DeNovix products and this website are not endorsed or authorized by or in any way affiliated with Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Quantifluor™ and Quantus™ are registered trademarks of Promega™ Corporation and its subsidiaries and are used for identification and references purposes only. DeNovix, DeNovix products and this website are not endorsed or authorized by or in any way affiliated with Promega™ Corporation.