We have the DeNovix DS-11 in our co-working lab. We love that it is compact, fits perfectly on the benchtop, and ready to use right out of the box. The DeNovix DS-11 is currently servicing multiple start-ups in their nucleic acid and protein quantification. Scientists in the lab find this instrument easy to use with minimal training required and are satisfied with the rapid responses and accuracy in the readings.
Why Do Scientists Choose the DS-11 Series?
DeNovix takes spectrophotometry to a whole new level of performance with the DS-11 Series. This easy-to-use, compact spectrophotometer delivers full spectrum UV-Vis analysis and fluorescence capability, making it ideal for rapid nucleic acid and protein quantification.
Twice-awarded Life Science Product of the Year, Platinum Seal of Quality.
No recalibration required for the life of the instrument.
Rapid and Reliable 1µL UV-Vis
The DeNovix team developed a combination of opto-mechanical components and software algorithms that optimize results for every sample. Bridge Testing™ verification eliminates unreliable results that stem from broken sample columns or loading issues.
- Quantify DNA, RNA and protein in less than 3 seconds
- Widest dynamic range and lowest detection limit
- 0.75 – 37,500 ng/µL dsDNA
- No routine maintenance or recalibration required
- Full spectrum UV-Vis analysis using 0.5 – 1.0 µL of sample
SmartPath algorithms ensure that the sample is only compressed, never stretched, to keep the column intact.
SmartQC™ Contamination Alerts
Multiple algorithms ensure confidence in results while also providing important information about possible sample anomalies.
The DS-11 Series uniquely integrates an optional 4-channel fluorometer. Fluorescence mode enables up to 1000x more sensitivity. DeNovix Fluorometers are compatible with a wide range of commonly used quantification assays.
- Full range of dsDNA and RNA assay kits
- Simple mix-and-measure, 2-point standard protocol
- Outperforms equivalent Thermo Fisher Qubit™ assay kits in both sensitivity and dynamic range
Total Sample QC
Use standard quartz or disposable cuvettes for up to 10 mm pathlength absorbance measurements (190 – 840 nm).
Cuvette applications include nucleic acids, proteins, colorimetric assays, OD600 and custom standard curves. Systems include a cuvette block heater for Kinetics studies from 37 – 45°C.
Wide Range of Applications
The DS-11 Series combines the ease of use, wide dynamic range, and contamination detection of UV-Vis with the enhanced sensitivity and specificity of fluorescence quantification. This unmatched flexibility allows the DS-11 Series to excel in a wide range of applications.
Nucleic Acid Quantification
- Measurement ranges
0.75 – 37,500 ng/µL dsDNA
0.6 – 30,000 ng/µL RNA
- Separate preconfigured apps for optimized workflow
- Sample contaminant alerts
- Preconfigured and user defined factors for ssDNA ensures appropriate concentration calculations
- 260/280 and 260/230 ratios displayed
- 11 Preconfigured dyes and fluorophores for Microarray
- Option to add an unlimited number of new dyes for quick recall in Microarray
- Measurement range
- 0.04 – 1,125 mg/mL BSA
- Preconfigured and user defined protein types for A280 and Labeled Proteins
- Preconfigured Peptide app for easy peptide analysis at A205/215
- Quick addition of new user defined protein types for improved workflow
- Ultra short pathlength enables high absorbance capability: up to 750 mg/mL BSA
- 11 Preconfigured dyes and fluorophores for Labeled Proteins
- Option to add an unlimited number of new dyes for quick recall in Labeled Proteins
- BCA, Bradford, Lowry and 660 nm colorimetric assays optimized for ease of use
- Quick save and recall of standard curves available
- Measurement ranges
*0.0005 ng/µL – 4000 ng/µL dsDNA
*0.25 – 1500 ng/µL RNA
- Four user-selectable LED light sources – compatible with all commonly used quantification assays e.g. DeNovix assays, Thermo Fisher Qubit™ assays, Thermo Fisher Quant-iT™ assays, and Promega Quantifluor™ assays
- Easy configuration of additional assays
- Single or multi-replicate standard curve options
- User control of line fit, trend line analysis, subtraction of blank
- User control of assay and reported sample concentration units
- Save and re-use curves and lists of standard concentrations
*Using DeNovix Fluorescence Quantification assays. For other kits please see manufacturer’s specifications.
Custom Fluorescence Apps
- Add new standard curve based fluorescent assays (nucleic assay, protein or other)
- Basic Fluorometer app returns RFU values for a wide range of fluorophores
UV-Vis and Custom Apps
- Simple but powerful apps enable measurement of more than just nucleic acids and proteins
- Full spectrum analysis (190 – 840 nm)
- Broad absorbance range for highly concentrated samples (up to 750 A, 1 cm equivalent)
- Add new user-defined standard curve methods
- Add custom formulas to eliminate downstream calculations
- Add kinetics methods (DS-11+ / DS-11 FX+ models)
Kinetics and OD600
- DS-11 FX+ and DS-11+ models enable cuvette-based kinetics studies
- Full spectrum analysis (190 – 840 nm), with dual or single wavelength monitoring
- Built-in heater with temperature control between 37° and 45° C.
- Dual graphs enable absorbance vs. time or absorbance vs. wavelength plots
- All kinetic data saved
- Estimated cell number calculator included in OD 600 app
DS-11 Series Models and Specifications
Which DS-11 Series model is right for your lab? Compare all spectrophotometer fluorometer models with the full list of features and specifications.
|1 µL UV-Vis Samples||✅||✅||✅||✅||-||-|
|Fluorescence||✅||✅||Add On||Add On||Add On||✅|
|Detection Limit (dsDNA)||0.0005 – |
|0.0005 – |
|0.75 – |
|0.75 – |
|0.04 - 75 ng/µL||0.5 pg/µL –
A Splash of Color in Your Lab
All DS-11 Series models are available in four colors: Fire Red, Brazilian Blue, Arctic White, and Tungsten Silver.
The DS-11 Series is equipped with pre-configured applications for each of the most commonly measured biomolecule types. All apps readily present results and spectra onscreen in seconds.
EasyApps software is designed by life scientists and combines with an intuitive touchscreen interface to ensure error-free operation and sample to data in under 3 seconds. Every instrument is ready to go right out of the box – no PC set-up or software installation required.
User Accounts and Data Handling
- All data is automatically saved and searchable in the Data App
- Password protected accounts available
- LIMS compatible data export format
- Print microfuge tube labels using a DeNovix supported printer
- Print reports to a networked printer or DeNovix supported label printer
- Export full data sets via email; save to a network folder or USB thumb drive
Simply and securely connect the DS-11 to your network by Wi-Fi or Ethernet to enable data exporting by email, or print reports to network or label printers.
Each measurement is automatically saved to a large onboard memory, enabling storage and retrieval of millions of samples. For labs requiring external data storage, network folder locations can be defined for each user account to automatically export and archive results.
SmartQC™ Contamination Alerts
During measurements, SmartQC will check samples against well-established purity ratios. Samples that do not meet purity specifications will be flagged with visual alert icons. Tapping on an alert icon on the Run screen will provide detailed information regarding the possible reasons for the high or low value.
A full installation and qualification (IQ/OQ) package is available for all DS-11 Series models.
Although the DeNovix DS-11 Series’s propriety SmartPath™ technology enables accurate pathlength control and eliminates the need for routine recalibration, labs may choose to run the Diagnostics app to verify that the instrument is working within specifications. The Self Test option within the app is designed to easily verify the correct operation of the flash lamp and detector.
21 CFR Part 11 Compliance Ready
EasyApps Secure provides an optional suite of software controls that allow regulated GxP facilities to easily add DS-11 Series instruments to their compliant workflows (view the compliance statement). The software is fully integrated within the onboard operating system and includes a range of features essential to ensuring compliance, including:
- Password protected system access
- Integrated electronic signature controls
- Comprehensive user account management
- Secure audit trail recording
- Advanced data handling and export tools
Assays & Accessories
DeNovix Fluorescence Quantification Assays includes four offerings designed for accuracy and linearity.
- dsDNA Broad Range (BR) Assay: 0.1 – 4000 ng/µL
- dsDNA High Sensitivity (HS) Assay: 0.005 – 250 ng/µL
- dsDNA Ultra High Sensitivity (UHS) Assay: 0.0005 – 0.3 ng/µL
- RNA Assay: 0.25 – 1500 ng/µL
FX Module: Upgrade to Fluorescence
Instantly add the power of fluorescence detection to any DeNovix DS-11, DS-11+ or DS-C Spectrophotometer.
- Same sensitivity and 4-channel flexibility as the DS-11 FX+, DS-11 FX and QFX
- Connect USB to immediately enable DeNovix fluorometric EasyApps
- Compatible with commercially available assays, including those designed for Thermo Fisher’s Qubit™ fluorometer and Promega’s Quantus™ fluorometer platforms
The DS-11 Series has a 4.8 / 5 star rating on SelectScience with hundreds of independent customer reviews.
It is useful for easily checking protein concentration. We are also using it for protein assays to determine the protein contents in cell cultures of human cells and yeast cells. Rapid response and easy use. Only a little sample is needed. High reproducibility for protein assays.
The product was ready to use out of the box! That made it easy on me and I did not have to do any calibration! I would recommend buying this product.
The product is very easy to use and takes up very little space on the benchtop. We wanted to move from the Nanodrops and Ocean Optics we were using previously to one stand-alone system that would meet the needs of both our Life Science and Chemistry programs. Less reagents, less waste, and no cuvettes are also big pluses for us.
We had the chance of testing the DS-11 series spectrophotometer/fluorometer before purchasing it. The different people working with this equipment were really satisfied with its quality, reproducibility, and ease of use. Acquiring it was an easy decision. Also, really happy with the customer service.
The DS-11 FX+ has helped with making my work easier and faster. It can give good readings for much higher concentrations of peptides than other instruments I have used and is very accurate! The instrument also has a great user interface!
I recently had the pleasure of using the DS-11 DeNovix spectrophotometer, and I must say, it exceeded my expectations. This compact instrument packs a punch in terms of performance and usability. Its impressive performance, user-friendly design, and excellent support make it an invaluable tool for researchers. If you're in need of a reliable and efficient spectrophotometer, the DS-11 DeNovix is a standout choice.
Compare the DeNovix DS-11 FX+ with the Thermo Fisher NanoDrop™ One spectrophotometer to discover how DeNovix instruments are designed to be an all-in-one quantification system for your lab.
NanoDrop™, NanoDrop™ One, Quant-iT™ and Qubit™ are registered trademarks of Thermo Fisher Scientific and its subsidiaries and are used for identification and references purposes only. DeNovix, DeNovix products and this website are not endorsed or authorized by or in any way affiliated with Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Quantifluor™ and Quantus™ are registered trademarks of Promega™ Corporation and its subsidiaries and are used for identification and references purposes only. DeNovix, DeNovix products and this website are not endorsed or authorized by or in any way affiliated with Promega™ Corporation.
DeNovix fluorometer products are provided under an intellectual property license from Life Technologies Corporation. See denovix.com/license