DS-C Cuvette Spectrophotometer
Cuvette Quantification Made Easy
The DeNovix DS-C is an easy-to-use UV-Vis cuvette spectrophotometer with outstanding dynamic range, sensitivity and flexibility. Rapidly quantify biomolecules using any cuvette with an 8.5 mm z-height. The instrument includes preinstalled EasyApps for nucleic acids, proteins, colorimetrics assays, OD600, Kinetics, Custom Methods and more.
Easy to Learn. Fast to Use.
The DS-C features the most powerful and intuitive software in its class. Pre-installed DeNovix EasyApps™ software and a breakthrough Custom Linux™ OS touchscreen interface ensure error-free operation and sample results under 2 seconds. Every instrument is ready right out of the box.
- Autosave millions of samples.
- Common quantification assays pre-configured
- Easily create custom assays
- Compatible with a wide range of quartz and disposable cuvettes
Unrivaled Connectivity and Storage.
Built-in Wi-Fi, Ethernet and USB allow easy export of the data you want in the format you need. 32 GB of memory allows storage of millions of results!
- Email a csv or color jpg of your results right from EasyApps
- Automatically save data to network drives or LIMS
- Flexible export to easily rename and save the fields you desire
- Print results or graphs to network and label printers
- Save to USB
Create simple kinetics methods measuring two absorbance wavelengths over a user-defined measurement frequency and period. EasyApps streamlines the process to create and save custom methods and enables cuvette temperature control between and 37° and 45° C.
Cell Culture OD 600
The high-particulate nature of bacterial cell cultures benefit from a longer measurement pathlength. The particulates in these samples scatter light, and a 10mm pathlength provides a longer cross-section of the sample for the spectrophotometer’s light beam to travel through. This ensures the highest degree of accuracy and reproducibility when measuring these types of samples.
Nucleic Acid Quantification
- Separate preconfigured apps for optimized workflow
- Sample contaminant alerts
- Preconfigured and user defined factors for ssDNA ensures appropriate concentration calculations
- 260/280 and 260/230 ratios displayed
- 11 Preconfigured dyes and fluorophores for Microarray
- Option to add an unlimited number of new dyes for quick recall in Microarray
- Preconfigured and user defined protein types for A280 and Labeled Proteins
- Preconfigured Peptide app for easy peptide analysis at A205/215
- Quick addition of new user defined protein types for improved workflow
- Ultra short pathlength enables high absorbance capability: up to 750 mg/mL BSA
- 11 Preconfigured dyes and fluorophores for Labeled Proteins
- Option to add an unlimited number of new dyes for quick recall in Labeled Proteins
- BCA, Bradford, Lowry and 660 nm colorimetric assays optimized for ease of use
- Quick save and recall of standard curves available
UV-Vis and Custom Apps
- Simple but powerful apps enable measurement of more than just nucleic acids and proteins
- Full spectrum analysis (190 – 840 nm)
- Broad absorbance range for highly concentrated samples (up to 750 A, 1 cm equivalent)
- Add new user-defined standard curve methods
- Add custom formulas to eliminate downstream calculations
- Add kinetics methods (DS-11+/DS-11FX+ models)
- Four user-selectable LED light sources – compatible with all commonly used quantification assays e.g. DeNovix, Qubit™, Quant-it™ and Quantifluor™
- Easy configuration of additional assays
- Single or multi-replicate standard curve options
- User control of line fit, trend line analysis, subtraction of blank
- User control of assay and reported sample concentration units
- Save and re-use curves and lists of standard concentrations
Custom Fluorescence Apps
- Add new standard curve based fluorescent assays (nucleic assay, protein or other)
- Basic Fluorometer app returns RFU values for many preconfigured and user-defined dyes/fluorophores
Kinetics and OD600
- DS-11+ model enables cuvette-based kinetics studies
- Full spectrum analysis (190 – 840 nm), with dual or single wavelength monitoring
- Built-in heater with temperature control between 37° and 45° C.
- Dual graphs enable absorbance vs time or absorbance vs. wavelength plots
- All kinetic data saved
- Estimated cell number calculator included in OD 600 app
User Accounts and Data Handling
- Password protected accounts available
- All data automatically saved & searchable by account, sample name & type, application and date
- Configurable reports easily accommodate LIMS and user preferred formats
- Print microfuge tube labels using a DeNovix supported printer
- Print reports to a networked printer or DeNovix supported label printer
- Export full data sets via email; save to a network folder or USB thumb drive.
Simply and securely connect the DS-11 to your network by Wi-Fi or Ethernet to enable data exporting by email, or print reports to network or label printers. Each measurement is automatically saved to a large onboard memory enabling storage and retrieval of millions of samples. For labs requiring external data storage, network folder locations can be defined for each user account to automatically export and archive results.
21 CFR Part 11 Compliance Ready
EasyApps Secure provides an optional suite of software controls that allow regulated GxP facilities to easily add DS-11 Series instruments to their compliant workflows (view the compliance statement). The software is fully integrated within the on-board operating system and includes a range of features essential to ensuring compliance, including:
- Password protected system access
- Integrated electronic signature controls
- Comprehensive user account management
- Secure audit trail recording
- Advanced data handling and export tools
|Beam height||8.5 mm|
|Heating||37-45 °C +/- 0.5 °C|
|Pathlength||10, 5, 2, 1, 0.5, 0.2, 0.125 mm|
|Absorbance Range||0.0008-1.5 AU (1 cm)|
|Maximum Concentration||75 ng/µl dsDNA (1 cm)|
|Detection Limit||0.002 mg/ml BSA; 0.04 ng/µl dsDNA (1 cm)|
|Light Source||Pulsed Xenon flash lamp|
|Detector Type||2048 element CCD|
|Wavelength Range||190-840 nm|
|Wavelength Accuracy||0.5 nm|
|Spectral Resolution||1.5 nm (FWHM at Hg 253.7 nm)|
|Absorbance Precision||0.015 AU (1 cm), or 1%, whichever is greater|
|Absorbance Accuracy||1.5% at 0.75 AU at 260 nm|
Fluorometer Mode (with FX Module)
|Light Sources||UV LED (~375 nm), Blue LED (~470 nm),
Green LED (~525 nm), Red LED (~635 nm)
|Excitation Filters||UV: 361-389 nm, Blue: 442-497 nm,
Green: 490-558 nm, Red: 613-662 nm
|Emission Filters||435-485 nm, 514-567 nm,
565-650 nm, 665-740 nm
|Detectors||Photodiode, detection range 300-1000 nm|
|Tube Type||0.5 mL Real Time thin-wall PCR tube (polypropylene)|
Onboard Controller (No PC required)
|Operating System||Custom Linux® OS|
|Display||7″ high definition color display|
|User Input||Touch screen with swipe and pinch motion; glove compatible|
|Internal Storage||32GB flash drive|
|Connectivity||2 USB ports for printer, barcode reader and USB drive|
|Networking||Ethernet and Wi-Fi|
|Measurement Time for Spectrophotometry||2 seconds|
|Measurement Time for Fluorescence||2 seconds|
|Footprint||20 cm X 27 cm|
|Operating Voltage||12 VDC|
|Operating Power Consumption||10 W; max 36 W|
|Approvals||CE, UL/CSA, FCC and Japan CAB|
FX Fluorometer Module
Instantly add the power of fluorescence detection to the DS-C Spectrophotometer. The FX Module uses the same fluorescence detection as the DS-11 FX, DS-11 FX+ and QFX. Simply plug in this USB powered accessory and DeNovix fluorometric EasyApps are immediately enabled. With four user-selectable LEDs, the easy-to-use apps are compatible with a wide range of commercially available assays including those designed for Qubit™ and Quantus™ platforms.
For Research Use Only
Quantus™ and QuantiFluor™ are registered trademarks of Promega Corporation and its subsidiaries and are used for identification and references purposes only. DeNovix, DeNovix products and this website are not endorsed or authorized by or in any way affiliated with Promega Corporation.
Qubit™ and Quant-iT are registered trademarks of Thermo Fisher Scientific and its subsidiaries and are used for identification and references purposes only. DeNovix, DeNovix products and this website are not endorsed or authorized by or in any way affiliated with Thermo Fisher Scientific.