Kits are available in a size appropriate for 300 assays and include PI, FDA and Yeast Dilution Buffer. The PI and Buffer should be stored at 2 – 8oC in an airtight container. The FDA should be stored at -20oC in an airtight container. The PI and FDA should be protected from light.
- Equilibrate all solutions to room temperature before use. Vortex cell suspension, FDA, and PI prior to use.
- Spin down yeast cells and, resuspend the pellet in yeast dilution buffer.
- Note: It may be necessary to further dilute cells using the yeast dilution buffer depending on density, 1:100 dilution is recommended.
- Combine 18 µL of yeast cell sample with 1 µL of FDA and 1 µL of PI.
- Incubate for 15 minutes at room temperature in the dark and proceed to sample measurement.
- Ensure that the arm is in the down position, and launch the Yeast app.
- Clean the sample surfaces if there is visible debris in the preview image.
- Optional: Enter a sample name and any additional sample information.
- Select or create a protocol, and enter the appropriate cell Dilution Factor.
- With the arm down, dispense the sample aliquot into the measurement chamber using the groove on the lower sample surface as a pipetting guide.
- Note: The volume of the sample required depends on the protocol settings for the chamber height. The required volume is displayed on the Count button.
- Adjust the focus and exposure. Verify focus in green channel prior to count.
- When the cells have settled and are no longer moving, tap the Count button.
Revised 19 Oct 2020