Kits are available in 1000, 250 and 50 (evaluation size) assays and include the components in Table 1.
|DeNovix dsDNA High Sensitivity Dye (100x)||2 x 1 mL||0.5 mL||100 µL|
|DeNovix dsDNA High Sensitivity Buffer||200 mL||50 mL||10 mL|
|25 ng/µL dsDNA Standard (calf thymus)||2 mL||1 mL||0.5 mL|
|0 ng/µL dsDNA Standard||2 mL||1 mL||0.5 mL|
- Allow all solutions to equilibrate to room temperature before use. Vortex, then centrifuge vials briefly before opening to minimize reagent loss on the cap.
- Prepare working solution by mixing 10 mL of the assay buffer with 100 µL of the dye. Scale volumes as needed to make enough volume to aliquot 190 µL of the mixture for each standard and unknown. Discard after 24 hours.
- For each standard or unknown sample, add 190 µL of the working solution into a labeled tube. Adjust volume when adding more or less than 10 µL of the unknown sample.
- Use thin-walled, clear 0.5 mL PCR tubes for assay measurements (DeNovix cat #TUBE-PCR-0.5-500 or equivalent).
- Add 10 µL of the 0 ng/µL, 25 ng/µL standards or 1 – 20 µL of unknown DNA samples to the respective tubes and mix well.
- Incubate assay tubes at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Launch the Fluoro dsDNA app using a DeNovix Fluorometer.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the correct LED source for the DeNovix dsDNA High Sensitivity Assay.
- Select the preferred standard curve method (2 point standards supplied) and then choose Generate New Standard Curve.
- Insert the 0 ng/µL dsDNA standard tube, lower the lid and tap the Measure button.
- Insert the 25 ng/µL dsDNA standard tube, lower the lid and tap the Measure button.
- After both standards are measured, tap the Samples button, insert a sample tube and tap Measure.
|Component||Protect from Light||Temperature|
|DeNovix dsDNA High Sensitivity Dye (100x)||Yes||4oC - Room Temperature|
|DeNovix dsDNA High Sensitivity Buffer||Optional||4oC - Room Temperature|
Revised 19 Oct 2020