Kits contain 0.4% Trypan Blue in PBS. The Trypan Blue reagent should be stored at room temperature in an airtight container and does not need to be protected from light.
|Assay Size||Trypan Original Concentration||Number of Tests|
- Mix cell suspension and Trypan Blue immediately prior to use.
- Optional: Filter Trypan solution through a 0.2 µm filter to remove aggregates and crystals that can form in Trypan solution over time.
- For each sample, mix Trypan and a cell suspension together at the desired ratio and vortex. Refer to the table below for Dilution Factor (DF) guidance examples.
|Trypan Volume||Cell Volume||Protocol Dilution Factor||Recommended Exposure|
|5 µL 0.4%||5 µL||2||Normal|
|2.5 µL 0.4%||7.5 µL||1.33||Low|
- Ensure that the arm is in the down position and launch the Trypan Blue app.
- Clean the sample surfaces if there is visible debris in the preview image.
- Optional: Enter a sample name and any additional sample information.
- Select or create a protocol, and set the Dilution Factor according to the table above.
- With the arm down, dispense the sample aliquot into the measurement chamber using the groove on the lower sample surface as a pipetting guide.
- Note: The volume of sample required depends on the protocol settings for the chamber height. The required volume is displayed on the Count button.
- Adjust the focus and exposure.
- When the cells have settled and are no longer moving, tap the Count button.
Revised 24 November 2021